Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ahhh....cheap labor

I love that my kids are getting old enough to pull their weight around here!
DYLAN'S NEW CHORE: folding and putting away his own laundry. He's actually quite good at it. Next will be the dishes...although I already told him I can not be bought on that one. My siblings will know what I'm talking about :) Growing up we each had a night to do dishes but if we wanted to get out of it we could pay my mom 50 cents and she would do them for us! Of course she required the money up front and in cash! I'm not sure what that taught us....maybe that you can get others to do your work for you if you're rich??? :) I don't know. Regardless...it was a sweet deal! Love you mom! :)

3 comments:

  1. i think Mom must've made a lot of money off of us that way. cuz i know i ponied up the dough on several occasions. and that's a good idea - Jake loves to fold stuff, I'm gonna start giving him that chore too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give Alexis her clothes to fold and put away b/c she would throw clean clothes in her dirth clothes so she didn't have to put them away. I figured this way she would realize she wasn't going to get away with cleaning her room like that!
    Yes-your mother taught you about having servants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just goes to show you how desperate your Mom was in those days for a little cash. So I could turn around and spend it on you cause things were so tight!!

    ReplyDelete