Friday, April 16, 2010

I'm not asleep!

Why is it that men can never admit when they are asleep? Is it less "manly" or something? If a man falls asleep when he doesn't intend to does it signify some kind of weakness to himself? I don't get it. I frequently give Mark a hard time because you know...he's getting older and therefore tires more easily these days. He'll usually sit in his chair and quickly close his eyes. After I call his name a few times with no response he'll say "I wasn't sleeping...I'm just resting my eyes". Of course it could just be a case of ...we've been married for a while now and he's just gotten good at tuning out the sound of my voice I guess. But...he could be literally snoring, dead to the world... and then wake up and say "I wasn't asleep!" I try to assure him that it's okay if he was..I mean he works hard, we have 3 crazy rambunctious boys so he has every right to be tired... but he's stubborn and refuses to admit it.
So....I figured I'd just take a picture

But even while snoozing... what a good Dad! I think he had gotten home from work, let the kids climb all over him and then....simply shut his eyes while in the middle of reading "train song" for Tryg.

Note: For the record..he'll tell you he saw me take the picture and he wasn't sleeping!

8 comments:

  1. You're sleeping Mark! Just admit it! Be a man!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was HILARIOUS! Nice to see you are human!! What a great Dad. I thought I was the only one who said--but I was just resting my eyes!! You are still ONE of my favorite son-in-laws!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, I saw her come around the corner with the camera and thought I would just oblige. But, I think I did fall asleep shortly after the photo. Thanks Barbara! # 3 was always my number in sports, figured it will serve me well in the son-in-law category as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. baw hah haa. that's funny. even funnier is Tryg's face... he's like "Mo-om are you being sneaky? not sure Dad will appreciate that..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. funny. we are both sleepy in our home

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how I can totally hear you saying exactly what you wrote...and I can hear Mark denying everything! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tryg looks like he is part of a devious plan and you are helping him! :)

    ReplyDelete