Friday, February 20, 2009

Dylan's Birthday

Dylan turned the big 8 this past week. We had decided on a Star Wars themed birthday party at the park and of course at that time it was about 80 degrees. Well....it rained so we ended up changing the plans to good ol' Chuck E Cheese. I think he was secretly pretty happy about the sopping wet park :) .
He had about 7 of his closest friends there to celebrate. My Star Wars cake. He informed me that he didn't want a Star Wars cake...he wanted Star Wars: The Clone Wars! Don't they both use light sabers??? I was a little disappointed with my creativity on this one...not my best work :). Gee...I wonder where Dylan get's his need for perfection from??? Although after he saw it he said...I quote.."You're the best, Mom!" Ahhh....music to my ears! I guess he didn't mind that it wasn't my best :).
Luke's quote for the day..."I love Birthday parties!" It sounds much better when he says it.Tryg tearing it up with the skiball. I think he may have beaten me. Sorry Dad.....he apears to be right handed :) A couple nights later we did a mini birthday party with just family. He got the book 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' which he seems to love. He literally read it as he walked to the car this morning for school, as we drove, and I finally had to tear it away from him so he wouldn't be late for class. It's pretty common for us to have to tell Dylan more than once to put down a book because we have to go somewhere or it's time for dinner. As parents I guess we could have bigger problems :). He loves to read!
He also got a new batting helmet. Little league starts next week!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun party. Love the cake...you are so creative! Happy birthday Dylan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures and cute captions. Happy birthday again Dylan. See you soon!!! So glad I could be there for the party.
    Gma Cox

    ReplyDelete