Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Trygve

It was a year ago last Friday that this little guy came into our lives. He was by far my easiest ... a planned c-section, which is definitely the way to go if you've had the labor from you no where like me:). He came out "spraying" rays of joy :) and has entertained us everyday since. Happy Birthday Trygve! Luke was very excited that it was Trygve's birthday and was eager to help him with his presents....until Tryg opened them and Luke decided they were his. Tryg was not about to give in so easily. Mom's homemade wrapping paper. A couple of helpful big brothers. Trygve's birthday cake made by yours truely. I'm quite proud of my 3 layer lemon dinasaur cake. Lemon is my favorite. I've decided that until my kids can tell me what kind of cake they like, they will get lemon :)....Dylan is having chocolate next week for his birthday :(. Since Tryg doesn't quite understand the blowing out the candles thing, Luke gladly stepped in to help his little brother. I'd say the bib is fitting for the occasion. Grandma Olson wisking Tryg away for his post-cake cleaning. It was a fun night!

5 comments:

  1. that cake is so dang cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on the cake! But Lemon??? No way...yellow cake with chocolate frosting...there is no alternative!
    Happy Birthday Tryg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the cake! How is it that he didn't get very messy? On Vilate's first birthday she was completely covered. I think we had to soap her up at least 3 times to get all the frosting off. Sounds like he had a great b'day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trygve is suh a good and easy baby. What a great first year. And he is walking! I am glad I got to be there onhis birthday. Yummy cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy b-day tryg! you are so good at those cakes..and lemon cake is yumm

    ReplyDelete