Sunday, May 10, 2009

Making my first post count

For most of you, you will notice that this is my first of what will most likely be very few posts to the family blog. Those of you that know me know that I am not very creative in terms of making things flashy and exciting. So because of that, I will be leaving most of the blogging to Joanne. She has a way of making things exciting and creative. I would say that she has truly exceeded all expectations with this blog. But as this Mother's Day was approaching, I tried to think of something that I could get for Joanne or do for her that would be something that would be truly unique or something that is unexpected. Usually, I end up taking way too long to think of something and then get too busy that I end up having to do something pretty lame. Well, this year was no different, by the time I figured out what I wanted to get, it was too late. So as I was planning my excuse last night, I thought, since I usually get chastised for not being very public with my feelings, perhaps that might be just the thing this year. Those that know me well know that I can come across arrogant and stubborn every once in a great while. I know, shocker! Anyway, I sometimes play down the fact that I have been blessed beyond anything I could have ever expected. I don't know where I would be if about five years ago I didn't meet the most amazing person who would ultimately become my wife. Joanne, you have truly allowed me to experience a greater level of joy than I could have ever imagined. I look at our family and I can not believe how blessed I have been. I am also amazed that you have put up with me the way you have. At times I know I take for granted all the work that you do in order to keep things functioning properly. Not to mention all that you have sacrificed in order to be at home with the boys. Many people don't know what you gave up in order to be with them, but I do, and I don't know many people that could make that decision. Joanne, I cannot begin to tell you how much I love you. You have given me things that I would never have felt I was worthy of. I look at you and what you have been through and what you go through on a daily basis with just our small family and think, "there is now way I could do it." You are and amazing example to me and to Dylan, Luke, and Tryg. Not to mention the countless other who look to you as a source of strength. I hope that someday I will be able to properly show you how I feel about you and what you mean to me. I am constantly amazed at how lucky I am and I know I take it for granted on a regular basis. But when I think about it, I know that what I have is truly wonderful. Thank you so much for all you do for me. You are more than I could have ever hoped for. You have made me happier than I could have ever imagined. I hope that this day I can show you exactly what you mean to me. At least for one. I love you! Mark

4 comments:

  1. ... and it's all thanks to Barb.

    HA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...ok you got the best present EVER! That was a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whew, I was really worried that upon our next meeting I would be severely chastised by you for me being the man, and doing the blogging...but not this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How utterly sweet and romantic! That should get Mark a LOT of points!! See Joanne--I KNEW he was a keeper! Forever!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete