Tuesday, May 19, 2009

If I had a Million dollars....

So we went to Dylan's open house at school last week. This is where all their 2nd grade masterpieces are on display for Mom and Dad to see. They had a lot of "family" themed projects and papers they had been working on. I thought a couple of them were worth documenting for prosperity...and for a good chuckle. I'm wondering if I should be a little worried about this first one? It's titled:
*********************************
If I had a million dollars to buy gifts for my family, here's what I would do....
"First, I would run home and show my mom the million dollar bill.
I would show her the bill because if I surprised her
she would be mad that I didn't show her the million doller bill.
Next, I would buy a mansion for my family.
It would have six bed rooms.
Each bedroom would have a flatscreen TV and I would also have a butler.
Then I would buy an R.V.
We could get somewhere faster because someone could get up early
and bring us somewhere we need to go.
Last, I would buy presents for my family.
We could have more things to play with.
I would get all of this stuff so we cuold mostly just lay around."
*************************************
I asked him "Don't you want to give some of this money to help people?". He simply shook his head and said "Nahh". Granted the paper was titled If I had a million dollars to buy presents for my family and he is pretty meticulous when it comes to following directions to the letter but I'm just wondering if I should be concerned? Don't get me wrong I would love the RV, mansion, and flatscreen T.V.'s.and he's right, I would be mad if he didn't tell me about the million dollars. Although I may have to trade the butler in for a housekeeper. :)
***************************
He had another paper simply titled: My Family. It was sweet but the interesting part was where he had to pick a word for each letter of F A M I L Y that described us. Here's what he came up with:
My family is special to me because they always help me, make me happy, and they give me advice when I need help....
F - Funny (I'm glad he finds us amusing)
A - Athletic (I assume he's talking about Mom here :))
M - Muscular (Wasn't sure who he was referring to but when I asked him he pointed to Mark ..that's probably a good thing :))
I - Intrepid ( What in the world does that mean? I had to look it up. Turns out it means fearless, brave, valiant - I'll take that!)
L - Loving (definitely important)
Y - Youthful (gotta love that one!)
*************************************
What a funny and sweet little boy we have!

4 comments:

  1. Nice he thinks of you all as "youthful". I wonder how long that will last...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he doesn't want to blow the money on video games! That is nice of him to use it on his family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm with dylan. i don't know that i'd give any of my millions away. that's what tithing is for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go dylan!! good job!
    Love, Gma Cox

    ReplyDelete