Friday, September 4, 2009

Almost 35

Last week was Mark's 34th birthday. He had a couple helpers to assist him in the opening of his one gift...

Yep...he got a picture of a camera! But only because the real one is being shipped and couldn't get here in time. This is the camera that he has been pining over for months. It's the CANON EOS 50D....and it's not cheap to say the least. So, I will admit that I had some selfish motives here. I was really wanting a nice new camera for my own use as well so I told him he can give the "picture" back to me for my birthday in two weeks...and it may be our Christmas present too :)

say "cheese" I have to preface my cake with the fact that I only had like 2 colors to decorate with so judge accordingly. Mark always gives me a hard time because I'm a year older than him (Actually it's 11 months and 2 weeks if you want to get technical). 35 sounds so much older than 34. When you're 35 you are well on your way to 40. Ughhh!! At 34 you're still closer to 30....so I figured I'd emphasize the 35 part :) Some more help since there were so many candles... Happy Birthday Mark (and no Mark did not ask for the Thomas the Train plates...they were left over from Luke's birthday:) )

3 comments:

  1. Whatever Mark. i know you've got Thomas the Train footsie jammies hiding in your drawers...

    Happy almost 35! and cute cake as always - makes me feel like a crappy wife/mom - i never make fun cakes like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome gift! Can you believe how old we are getting! It is crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome looking cake! And a beautiful camera! You guys are SO young!
    Happy Birthday again Mark!

    ReplyDelete