Tuesday, October 6, 2009

planes, planes, and more planes

Last weekend we all headed out to the Miramar Air Show. The little one's traveled in style...I love this wagon! We can fit Luke, Tryg, and all our stuff in here and it folds down so it fits easily in the car. It's great for the beach too when you want to take the kids and don't have a husband to go with you to carry all your "kid" essentials. So there's my commercial...check it out here if you want. Back to the airplanes... Just hanging out.... Luke was not a big fan of the loud F18's. He kept saying things like "I don't want them to shoot me!" Tryg just kept looking at Luke like he was crazy. The ear plugs helped a little.
The sky divers were awesome....
...and I'm loving our new camera. The old one would have never gotten these shots....of course I'm going to need to take a class just to learn how to use it.
The air show is definitely a "guy" kind of place. Although It did make me want to go home and watch TOP GUN....I could go for a little Maverick and Iceman after that :)
The boys checking out the F16 up close and personal...
The giant plane below kept reminding me of JAWS.
We had a lot of fun. It was very patriotic and definitely makes you appreciate the military and everything they do. I loved seeing all those clean cut, respectful young men who have dedicated themselves to serving and protecting our country. I tried to sell Dylan on the idea of joining the military some day but it wasn't working too well. He's a very "cautious" boy and doesn't like the idea of doing anything that might be "scary". I know I would be a very proud Mom if any of my boys ever decided to serve their country.
The best part about the show is it's all free so we splurged and bought each boy an airplane souvenir. I love those airplane noises little boys make. Even Tryg has perfected the "whoooooosh" and Dylan's exact quote on the way back to the car..."That was awesome!" Definitely an afternoon well spent.

3 comments:

  1. so bummed we missed it. next year let's all go. and seriously that wagon thing is the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to add that wagon to my christmas list.
    saturday is a way better day to go. next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cute pictures. You have the cutest boys and I laughed as I read our post. I want to go next year!Mom

    ReplyDelete