Tuesday, March 10, 2009

85 years young

So...we kind of goofed and forgot (well I didn't forget, because I'm a grand daughter-IN LAW so I didn't even know when it was :)...no excuses though), to celebrate Grandpa Olson's 85th birthday. That's right - Grandpa Olson turned 85 years young on February 23rd (yes...I'm a little late with this, but better late than never right?) I say young because look at him...he is one of the most active and healthiest guys I know. How many 85 year olds do you know that still play competitive softball?

This is just one of his Senior Softball World Championship Trophey's. Softball has given Grandma and Grandpa the opportunity to travel all over the world!

Here he is on his 85th birthday just after batting up a storm.

Dancing the night away at Craig and Kari's wedding.

This is just an oldie but goodie.....camping with the family and friends (Grandpa is the tall one in the middle). Spending time with family was always a priority to them and continues to be today....even though it has become much harder with all their kids and grandkids so spread out.

I love this picture...4 generations of Olsons - father, son, grandson, and great grandson.
Don and Pauline now have 8 great grandchildren! I love that our boys have the opportunity to grow up knowing their great-grandparents.
Don and Pauline will be celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary this year! What a great example they are to their children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren.
Happy belated Birthday Grandpa Olson...
We love you!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment