Friday, June 5, 2009

Scarry Scarry Dinosaurs

So I took Luke and Tryg to the new Dino Mountain at the Wild Animal Park a couple days ago. I had heard that lots of kids were leaving there in tears even though it's pretty much marketed to children. So, I tried to prep Luke by explaining to him that these Dinosaurs we were going to see were just pretend and they wouldn't hurt us. He kept repeating at home before we left..."They're not real, they're just pretend, they can't hurt me!" Well..it was a little scary for a 2 year old as you can see (Tryg wasn't to fond either) and who can blame him but he persevered and made it through the whole thing and as we approached the last dinosaur on the mountain he says...."Yeah...Now we can go home!".

See...not too bad. He looks like he's cautiously having some fun.

Nothing a little carousel ride can't fix...

Don't be alarmed...this face was not caused by the dinosarus but rather that he was only allowed one ride on the carousel.

And, I guess he's forgotten the trauma because he's been begging to go back :)

3 comments:

  1. That place looks soooo scary!!! Fun for older kids but not so much for little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the quotes in red! You are being a very good MOM! I am proud of you!
    Mommy Cox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought about taking the boys, but I don't want to deal with the post trauma! Love the sad pictures:)

    ReplyDelete