Monday, August 3, 2009

Gotta love Craigslist

So this is my exciting find on Craigslist......It's a Wurlitzer and we only paid $100 bucks for it! It's in pretty good shape, just needs to be tuned.
I've been looking for a piano for a while but when it's a good deal you have to be quick. Here's the thing though....I don't know how to play (I know some basics but that's about it), I think Mark knows one song, and of course none of our boys know how to play either. So why a piano you ask? I had this thought that I really want my boys to learn to play (I've been telling Dylan that girls love it when a boy can play the piano...it shows their sensitive side...but he's not really into girls yet so that didn't phase him). Anyway...I figured I should learn to play. You know..be a good example plus maybe I could teach them and it is a good skill to have. I have this mental image of having a peaceful family home evening with me playing a primary hymn as my boys sing along (ha ha...yeah right!). Hey, maybe I might even be good at it...I have been told that I have good piano hands (i.e. long skinny bony fingers :)) This is what was in it's place before..... The ugly black bean bags that Mark brought into our marriage from his bachelor days. I feel kind of bad since the boys love playing in them but c'mon how long was I supposed to keep those injury inducing, dust producers around? A big improvement don't you think? Or maybe a piano wasn't such a good idea :).......

8 comments:

  1. Wow. i can't believe you got that for 100 bucks! why the heck did i pay 1200 for mine??? yours looks great too. how could someone get rid of it for so cheap??

    and looks like now i will really have to give you all lessons... dylan is a great age to start. i started when i was 8. that's about the age i plan on teaching Jake. if only we lived down the street...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend did the same thing here but it was in bad shape so she sanded and painted it and it looks awesome!
    We have one b/c my mom was getting rid of hers. Alexis took piano for 2 years and wanted to quit...we let her b/c we were sick of her banging on the keys when she didn't get a song perfect-I hope she gets back into it. All I know is where middle C is and that is the extent of my music knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the piano. We have one and I can play a few primary songs. It is nice to play during FHE, but the kids usually sing the right tempo and I am a few bars behind!

    I would say that the piano is an improvement over the bean bags, sorry Mark! Enjoy it. You can get piano books that pretty much are teach-yourself books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The piano actually came with tons of music and beginner piano teaching books so I am set :) Although a live teacher would be very helpful...Tami???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! what an amazing deal. it looks really nice and i loved watching the video but i kind of have to agree with you mom when she said all you need is another noise maker in your house!!!!!haha. looks like it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice find! cragslist scares me. and i think i'm lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Brandon...aka your brother-in-law. I take offense to your comment about the bean bags. They are great and I would gladly take them off your hands. My wife is looking over my shoulder saying "No we wouldn't" ... but really I would gladly take them off your hands.

    ReplyDelete